All the Rage Stores in Virginia Beach is one of Virginia’s largest Special Occasion boutique and has been helping women find the most important gowns they will ever wear for over 38 years. All the Rage Stores primary goal is to give women the ability to love a gown, themselves and a moment they will cherish for a lifetime. We love making women look and feel their best when shopping for the perfect dress.
All the Rage has evolved its locally owned and operated boutique into one of the country’s leading Special Occasion retailers. Helping women across the world find beautiful gowns for their special days. All the Rage has been given many special opportunities outside the norm of the local fashion industry. They have selected, designed and curated gowns for many of the country’s top bridal and special occasion brands and have given many young women in the local area, the ability to pursue a career in the fashion industry without leaving home.
We are honored to bring innovative ideas and exclusive designs to the Hampton Roads area and inspire the local community of like-minded fashionistas. Now its time to show the world and the special occasion industry the talent we have right here in our backyard.
All the Rage Stores is so excited to launch its first Evening Gown Design Competition.
We are searching for local High School and College Students, ages 15-21 with a passion for fashion, to create a fresh and innovative collection of evening gown designs. This competition seeks to recognize local talent who are unafraid to make waves and take a spark of inspiration and design an evening gown that turns heads. Each design submission will be reviewed by a panel of judges that will help select the top designs. Once the top designs are selected, they will be shared with our customers and followers for pre-voting period. After the pre-voting period, we will have a award ceremony and fashion event at the store to announce the winners of each division.
Winners of this competition will receive an expense paid trip to either New York City or Los Angeles to help curate, design and select gowns for the country's top Special Occasion design houses. On top of that, each winner will have their exclusive design manufactured and sold at All The Rage Stores during its upcoming season!
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY
Your cooperation is necessary in order for us to give your work a full, fair, and timely review. Please review and follow these guidelines very carefully and read all information provided. Any designer interested in participating must fully complete and return this form and all other application materials. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION:
- Submit your application materials in the time frame allotted. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 31ST, 2019 to be considered. No late applications will be accepted. No exceptions.
- This competition is for aspiring designers to showcase a fresh and innovative take of Evening Gown Fashion.
- DESIGNER SELECTION:
-Stage 1 Selections and notices will be sent out through email by THURSDAY, JANUARY 2ND, 2020. We will then post selected designers to our social media pages.
- IMPORTANT DATES, AND INFORMATION:
-Award Ceremony & Fashion Event on FRIDAY, JANUARY 24TH, 2020 from 5-9PM to showcase and share top designs and announce a winner.
-Winners will be given additional information in regards to prize package and additional travel and meeting details following the Award Ceremony.
- Model fitting scheduling and implementation are the responsibility of the designer.
- Models are not secured by, nor hired by All the Rage Stores Inc. for their time. If you choose to compensate your models, all commissions, agency fees, and financial liability for any required taxes, including federal, state and local wage withholding, it is the responsibility of each designer, not All the Rage Stores Inc..
- REHEARSAL & PROTOTYPE CHECK:
- For applicants in the College Division; All prototypes must be received by All the Rage for quality review on or before Deadline date of 1/17/2020.
- There will be NO Rehearsal for our Fashion Event. Each designer will be required to arrive by 5:00PM with model and model's hair and makeup ready. Your design may not be edited or modified during this time. This time is for you to ensure your model looks the best in your garment and if any additional styling or accessories are needed to enhance the presentation of your look.
- DESIGNER ENTRY FEE:
There is no fee to apply and submit designs to this competition. If selected, each designer will be required to pay for any and all materials or tools needed to complete your application and design submission.
Collaborations are not allowed and will not be accepted.
AWARD CEREMONY & FASHION EVENT
- Each Designer that has made it to Stage 2 will be required to attend the Award Ceremony & Fashion Event on FRIDAY, JANUARY 24th, 2020 from 5-9PM. This is a PRIVATE EVENT for top applicants and up to 2 guests.
-This event will be privately marketed to All the Rage Stores customers.
-NO Ticket Sales
-Un-invited guests are not allowed. Must be on list to attend.
PHOTOS & SHARING:
-All submitted applicants must agree to keep all designs and sketches un-publicized in order to be consider as a prize winner.
-All the Rage Stores, will have a photographer on site to take appropriate shots of each contestant and submission.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
This information will only be used by All the Rage Stores staff to contact and send information to you.
SKETCH or SKETCHS
Upload your original Sketch or Sketches in the form below (Required)
- 4 Sketches for High School Division
- 1 Sketch for College Division
- PROFESSIONAL IMAGES OF YOURSELF:
Please upload a high-quality PROFESSIONAL photo (No selfies) of yourself HERE
- Image 1: Required professional image of applicant
All the Rage Stores selection panel will review each submitted application. Designers who have been chosen will receive notice through email by THURSDAY, JANUARY 2ND, 2020.
Any questions regarding submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for submitting your application for All the Rage Stores, Dress Design Competition! We look forward to working with you.
- BY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION, YOU AND/OR YOUR PARENT ARE GUARDIAN ARE STATING YOUR INTEREST IN PARTICIPATING IN THE ALL THE RAGE STORES, DRESS DESIGN COMPETITION AND WILL PROVIDE ALL THE RAGES STORES WITH THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BY DEADLINE DATES.
IN ADDITION, ALL THE RAGES STORES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EACH APPLICANTS DESIGNS TO USE AT THEIR DISCRETION.
BY APPLYING, YOU ALLOW ALL THE RAGE STORES PERMISSION TO SHARE YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN THE DRESS DESIGN COMPETITION DURING AND AFTER. THIS INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FUTURE MARKETING MATERIALS, DESIGN IDEAS, PHOTO SHARING, ETC.. YOU ALSO AGREE TO COLLECT NO COMPENSATION FOR YOUR TIME, DESIGN OR DESIGN SUBMISSIONS.
PRIZE PACKAGES ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT AND WILL BE AWARDED BY ALL THE RAGES STORES WITHIN ONE YEAR OF COMPETITION. WINNING APPLICANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL RECEIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND WAIVER THAT IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO RECEIVE PRIZE.